Assoc. Prof. Dr. Juhana Jaafar
BEng (Chem. Eng.), MSc (Gas Eng.), PhD (Gas Eng.) (UTM)
Associate Professor Dr. Juhana Jaafar is the Associate Professor in the School of Chemical and Energy Engineering, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia. She is also the Deputy Director of Advanced Membrane Technology Research Centre (AMTEC), a Higher Institute Centre of Excellent (HICOE) rewarded by the Ministry of Education Malaysia. Her outstanding outputs in research were evident from her receiving distinguished awards at National and International levels including Asian Invention Excellent Award at 28th International Invention, Innovation and Technology Exhibition (ITEX 2017), Special Award in Seoul International Invention Fair (SIIF 2017), Gold Medal at International Invention, Innovation and Design
Johor 2017 (IIIDJ 2017), Most Distinguished Award at Higher Education International Conference, and Innovation Expo of Institute of Higher Education (PECIPTA2013), Best of the Best awards at the Malaysian Technology Expo (MTE2008) and Double Gold Medal in British Invention Show (BIS2008). >>>
Her outstanding achievements have been publicized in mass media such as Malaysia Hari Ini, Berita Harian, Utusan Malaysia, The Star and Harian Metro. Assoc. Prof. Dr. Juhana is also active in writing for scientific publication in high impact factor in international and national journals. To date, she has published more than 120 papers in ISI-indexed journals with H-index of 15. She is also the author of an original book entitled Elektrolit Pepejal Sel Bahan Api published by Dewan Bahasa dan Pustaka. In addition, she is the co-editor of the edited book Nanofiber Membranes for Medical, Environmental and Energy Applications under the CRC publisher. She is one of the Editorial Board Members of Journal of Applied Membrane Science & Technology (JAMST) and also the co-editor of the special issue on Progress on Fuel Cell Technology: Materials and Components in the Journal of Membrane Science and Research (JMSR). She also has been invited as the editor for several numbers of special issues in Jurnal Teknologi. She also has been invited as the speaker at the National and International levels such as in National Electrospinning Workshop (NEW2017), Malaysia Polymer International Conference (MPIC2017), Research Seminar in Institut Teknologi Sepuluh November (ITS, Surabaya) and Research Seminar in
Meiji University, Japan. In term of supervision, currently she has 18 PhD and 5 Masters including National and International students. 16 postgraduate students have been graduated under her supervision since 2012.
She has also supervised several numbers of internship students from Malaysia, Russia, Indonesia, Japan, India and Thailand. She has received several recognition at National and International level. Recently, she has been rewarded a fellowship from Meiji University, Japan under the Invited Scholar International Exchange Program 2017. She also received a scholarship from AUNSEED-Net for Short-term Research Program in Japan and Short-term visit program in ASEAN country. She has recently selected as the Affiliate Member of Young Scientist Network-Academy Science Malaysia (YSN-ASM) and Associate of Academy Science Malaysia. She is currently the co-secretary of MyMembrane Society. Owing to her outstanding achievement in teaching and research, she has been selected as the UTMShine first twenty recipients for the year of 2016 and still the member until present. She has also been listed in Who’s Who in the World for the 33 rd Edition 2016.
List of Top publications
- Juhana Jaafar, A. F. Ismail, T. Matsuura and K. Nagai, Performance of SPEEK based polymer-nanoclay inorganic membrane for DMFC, Journal of Membrane Science 382 (2011) 202-211. (Impact factor = 6.578).
- Salim, N. E., Jaafar J*., A. F. Ismail, M. H. D. Othman, Mukhlis A. Rahman, N. Yusof, W. N. W. Salleh, F. Aziz, T. Matsuura, M. Qtaisyat, Preparation and characterization of hydrophilic surface modifier macromolecule modified poly (ether sulfone) photocatalytic membrane for phenol removal , Chemical
Engineering Journal, 335 (2018) (Impact factor 2016 = 6.735).
- N. H. Alias, J. Jaafar*, S. Samitsu, N. Yusof, M. H. D. Othman, Mukhlis A. Rahman, A. F. Ismail, F. Aziz, W. N. W. Salleh, N. H. Othman, Photocatalytic degradation of oilfield produced water using graphitic carbon nitride embedded in electrospun polyacrylonitrile nanofibers, Chemosphere, 204 (2018) 79-86 (Impact factor = 4.427)
- Mohamed, M. A., Jaafar, J*., M. F. M. Zain, Lorna Jeffery Minggu, Mohammad B. Kassim, Mohamad Saufi Rosmi, Nur Hashimah Alias, Nor Azureen Mohamad Nor, W. N. W. Salleh, M. H. D. Othman, Concurrent growth, structural and photocatalytic properties of hybridized C, N co-doped TiO2 mixed phase over g-C3N4nanostructured, Scripta Materialia, 142 (2018) 143-147 (Impact factor 2016 = 4.163).
- N. A. M. Nor, Juhana Jaafar*, A.F. Ismail, M. A. Mohamed, M. H. D. Othman, Mukhlis. A. Rahman, N. Yusof., W.J. Lau, Preparation and Performance of PVDF-based Nanocomposite Membrane Consisting of TiO 2 Nanofibers for Organic Pollutant Decomposition in Wastewater under UV Irradiation, Desalination, 391 (89-97) (2016) (Impact factor 2015 = 6.255)